Finding the right candidates for your company is not only part of your job, but essential for its success.
So, whether you’re employing permanent or temporary staff, you need to have your hiring strategy on lockdown!
The Jobandtalent 5 step plan
1. What are you looking for in a candidate?
To ensure you hire the right candidate, you first need to assess:
- The role you are looking to fill
- The qualifications, skills and interests the role requires
- The type of personality that would integrate well into the company
- Whether you need a permanent or temporary worker
- The amount of vacancies you have
The answers to these questions will form the foundations of your job description. By referring to these initial questions throughout the recruitment process, you can ensure you select the perfect employee for your company!
2. Consider your company culture
Your employees are the cogs that keep your business whirring and ultimately, maintain your company culture!
With that in mind, you need to ensure you hire a candidate who shares the same vision, objectives and work ethic as you, because if you don’t…well, then you could have a big problem on your hands!
So, to ensure you hire the right candidate, consider the following:
- Which key factors make up your company culture?
- How would your existing employees describe it?
- Do you want a candidate that will integrate seamlessly into your business? Or, someone who will challenge the motions in a positive way?
- Ask interview questions that will determine whether they will maintain and add to your company culture.
3. Make a shortlist of applicants
Generating a shortlist of applicants can be a loooong process, but thanks to Jobandtalent you can now find the right candidate for your business in no time at all.
Jobandtalent candidate profiles will hold all the information necessary to deduce whether the applicant is destined for the ‘save’ or ‘scrap’ pile. When looking over their profiles, consider these 3 important elements:
- Do they possess relevant and up-to-date qualifications?
- Do they have valuable work experience? Or have they jumped from job to job on a regular basis?
- Do they hold significant knowledge in your specific industry? Have they worked in similiar environments before?
4. Job interview questions
You can’t hire a candidate without getting to know them first, so whether it’s through the chat feature on our app or a face-to-face interview, you need to prepare a few questions.
3 ways to find out if the applicant will be a good match for your company:
- Ask about the candidate’s previous successes– this will help you to determine whether they’re a well rounded applicant and a potentially valuable addition to your team.
- Ask what they know about your company, or in other words, have they done their homework!?
- Enquire about hobbies and interests– this will give you a deeper insight into their personality and suitability to your team.
5. Post your job offer on Jobandtalent!
After you’ve submitted your job vacancy, the only thing left to do is to get searching for the right candidate!